A friend just sent me this picture of my quilt that I posted about here. (You can also read more about the quilt process in the labels section under 1800's and nine patches.)
This gives you a better look at the random baptist fan quilting and the two different pinks that were used in the quilt. Just thought you would like to see it. My earlier pictures didn't show those two details very well.
Rhonda over at Ravelly1-quiltzblog.blogspot.com has a drawing each week for her unique mug rugs and I was the lucky winner a few weeks ago. Each week she comes up with some creative design and makes these wonderful things and gives them away. Be sure to stop in at her blog and see what she is up to. She also has some unique patterns for BOMs that are free too. Check her out and be sure to say hello!
Thanks, Rhonda! I love it and my husband really thinks it's neat too. :)
It has been a while since I posted. Thank you to those of you who have hung in here with me! :)
In earlier posts I wrote of being in an 1800's group and showed the blocks I was making and exchanging with members of my group. (See Nine Patches under Labels). On Tuesday night we showed our finished quilts at our guild meeting - one year after we started! All of our quilts are quilted and bound! :)
Our exchange parameters for the 9-patches were:
browns from 1800 reproduction fabrics
white/cream background with black/brown designs from 1800 reproduction fabrics
The 3.5 inch 9-patch blocks then had to be made into a Double Nine patch block. It was then up to the piecers discretion as to how they wanted to put the quilt together using sashing, alternate block, etc. Triangles/curves could not be added to the blocks to manipulate them into stars or some other design. We swapped enough so that each of us ended up with 160 3.5" 9-patch blocks.
Below are pictures of my quilt.
As you can see I decided to leave off the border. Thank you to those of you who voted. It was 50/50 in favor of the border and not. I was leaning toward no border but felt that I should put one on since I had so much fabric. However, it just kept saying to me that it was fine the way it was and I am pleased with it.
I machine quilted it with a pattern called Random Baptist Fan available here. This was a very easy pattern to quilt and it gives the general look of the Baptist Fan without the fussiness of it. My picture doesn't show it very well. I practiced on another quilt first before this one and once I have that one bound I will post it.
Our group is almost done swapping blocks for our second quilt! I will post about that at another time.
Thanks for reading.....happy stitches and keep your needles threaded!