Monday, April 2, 2012

I must take time to say....



to Kathy P.  at Cotton Cellar.  A few weeks ago she nominated me for the Liebster Blog award and although I did thank her personally on her blog I didn't take the time to thank her, here, on my blog.  And, I feel a bit remiss for not doing so.  I know that it has generated traffic to my site....people coming to look things over and maybe wondering why I haven't posted anything about it.

I really prefer to remain award free - but Kathy had no way of knowing this because I hadn't posted anything about it on my blog.  So I will have to do that.  However, having been nominated for this award, it got me to thinking about blogs, my favorites and what, to me, really makes a good blog.  Some of the best blogs are not the biggest and that is what the Liebster award is all about - bring attention to small blogs under 200 followers.

So, I thought I would let you know about some of my favorite blogs. They are not necessarily under 200 followers (as the Liebster award suggests).  I will list them in alphabetical order.


And then I am going to tell you of one more that is not a quilting blog.  My nephew is big in to board games.  I mean BIG.IN.TO.BOARD.GAMES.  He is serious about his gaming.  If you like to play board games or know someone who does (I'm not talking Monopoly here - you serious gamers know who you are!)  then you will be interested in his blog.  He and another fellow organize and run the IndyCon gaming convention in Indianapolis, IN.  He is always talking about it on his blog and I believe one of the posts on his blog has an article that was written about it.  Anyway, this is his blog....it is all greek to me! Pass it on if you know of other gamers.

Well, there you have it, some of my favorite daily reads.  Hope you take the time to stop by them if you don't already.  Please let them know how you heard about them (especially my nephew - he will be very surprised!).  Thanks!

4 comments:

Kathy P said...

Looks like I've got some "blog-surfing" to do tonight! I'm anxious to take a look at the the ones on your list. Good post and I won't send you any more awards - I get the hint :) :)

Dawn said...

Thanks for the mention! I was happy to find your blog while out 'blog surfing' and will checkout others you mention.
Have a fabulous week!

Lane said...

Thanks so much Judy for including me on your list! I appreciate the mention and am glad that we are mutual followers. Lane

Diane Wild said...

I was so surprised to find you mentioned me as one of your favorite blogs. Thank you. Sometimes I just think what I have to yammer about isn't all that interesting. But, that doesn't stop me. Looks like I have some blog visiting to do.