Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm back!


Hezzie has been waiting patiently for me to post again.  He really likes this blog stuff.  So far this post about him has had the most hits.  He feels like a star.  Might have to get a red carpet and design a trophy.  :)

While I have been gone I haven't done a lot of sewing or quilting.  Just hung out and enjoyed the weather, hot though it may be, I love the sunshine.   Much solitude and free time has been gained from not being tethered to the computer. 

We visited some friends in Sioux Falls, SD and strolled the downtown area where they have a sculpture walk.  These two caught my eye...

"Mother's Undivided Love"
Ben Hammond, Utah

"Circle of Friends"
Karen Crain, Colorado

It was so hot while we were there that when we were sitting outside in the shade Hezzie tucked himself in the hostas to stay cool...



I was able to spend a week in Charleston, SC prior to a nephew getting married on Folly Beach....


Last night I met with my 1800s group and was supposed to have my 9-patches sewn together into a bigger block.  Oops.  By next month I am to have the whole top together.  So I have much to do.  

I have decided to use pink as my background with my 9-patches and will show more as I go along.

Thank you, dear readers, for those of you who have checked in with me while I have been gone. 

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love sculpture walks - there was one we wandered through in Colorado last year that was just beautiful and so unique.
Nice to see you blogging again.
Karen

Barb said...

Welcome back!
Hezzie is too cute in the hostas
What a beautiful beach wedding!