Sunday, September 30, 2012

Autumn's Abundance

I  spent this afternoon walking around one of our many lakes here in Minnesota.  We are suppose to have 10,000 lakes in this great state and I know for sure I have walked around three or four (larger ones) in my lifetime so I have a way to go on that list. Not that I am actually counting....

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day, one to write home about.  Well, almost.  That why I am writing this. It was just picture perfect. Perfectly blue sky, 79 degrees, sunny, slight breeze and the trees are about 60-70% at their peak of fall colors. Which means we have about one more week to enjoy the beautiful transformation from green to "autumn".

A number of years ago I made a quilt called the "Blooming Nine Patch" from this book out of batiks.  I wanted it to have the feel of walking through the woods when the trees were at the peak of their fall colors. I was reminded of this quilt while I was out today so I pulled this picture out to show you.


Some of you may remember seeing this a number of years ago when I had a blog once before.  But it is one of my favorite quilts so I thought I would post it again!

I am linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times so be sure to take time to check out what others are working on this week.

Have a great week - thanks for reading....

12 comments:

Diane Wild said...

It was a gorgeous day and I did absolutely nothing in terms of "work". I just enjoyed Autumn. Your quilt is beautiful. Do you still have it?

Kathy P said...

Gorgeous, Judy! That's one of my all-time favorite patterns, but I've yet to make one. It's on my bucket list for sure! Yours is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing it.

antique quilter said...

OH I just love this quilt and LOVE the colors.
wow....
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Sue Daurio said...

Oh my that is drop dead gorgeous!!

Dawn said...

Love your blooming nine patch! I made one for my DD when she graduated from high school.

AnnieO said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I remember seeing these blooming 9 patches at quilt shows and they always impress. I hope you have kept it and get to enjoy it yourself :)

Julianne said...

I was just out taking photos of the leaves today in MN too. Love your quilt it makes me feel like a fire in the fireplace and a cup of tea..
happy fall

Sarah said...

Gorgeous quilt! Our fall leaves are turning here and look much like your quilt.

Dar said...

Very pretty. They were really popular in my area several years ago. I think everyone I knew made at least 2 of them. It's still on my "to do" list one day. Your colors certainly go with October time.

Barb said...

Your blooming nine patch is stunning!! What a great autumn quilt

Angie said...

What a stunning quilt--and a perfect depiction of the leaves changing.

Karen O said...

This quilt is amazingly beautiful. I am so glad you shared it.