Monday, January 30, 2012

Practical help

Here is the finished quilt I was working on in my last post. The binding is made of various strips of the left over fabric.  I was too lazy to hang it on my display hanger so that you could see the whole quilt....but you get a very good  idea of the quilt in the photo below.
The pattern is called Whirligigs and came in a kit, as stated in a previous post. If you look at the pattern you can tell the kit followed the pattern very closely in colors of fabrics.  The pattern was very simple and easy to put together and would work well for scraps.

This quilt is going to a gal who stepped in to help me in a very practical way, over seven years ago, at a time when I really needed it. I didn't ask for the help, she just saw the need, stepped in and helped, then got out of the way. She never asked for anything in return, nor tooted her own horn about it.

It's never too late to say, "Thank you".  

Judy

No comments: