Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tie one on


This weekend I was cleaning in my sewing closet and ran across some fabric I had purchased a few years ago for scarves.

My serger had a problem that I didn't want to take the time to figure out and so I decided to finish them on my sewing machine.  I found the rolled hem foot, looked for instructions in my manual - only a photo of the foot!  I was on my own.  I couldn't get the starts and stops to be neat and the rolled hem part was never consistent.

Thinking there had to be an easier way I experimented until I came up with doing a small zig zag two times around.   I trimmed the edge of the fabric close and used a fray stopping product on the corners.  I am happy with how they turned out - a nice finished edge.

The purple scarf with the red/pink dots will be going to my SIL who is active in the Red Hat Society.


Thanks for reading -

Judy

No comments: